It was so precious tonight when I was lying with Keegan in bed and after we had said our prayers, he asked me about Jesus living in your heart. I told him how you had to ask Jesus to live in your heart, it was a choice by you and you alone to make. He said he wanted to and asked how to do it, so I prayed a prayer something like this and he repeated after me: "Dear Jesus, thank you for loving me. Thank you for forgiving me when I make bad choices and sin. Thank you for dying on the cross for my sins and please be the savior of my life. Please come live in my heart. Amen." Then he said, "Mom, you forgot the part about asking him to come live in my heart?" He must have not heard that part, so we said that part again. It was so sweet.
Do I really think his name has been written in the Book of Life and the angels in heaven are dancing for him? I don't know, only God knows. I'd love to know that his salvation was secure in Jesus and I would see him in heaven someday, but I don't know that he really understands what it means to say yes to Jesus. To understand that we do need a savior, that we're all sinful and that Jesus died for each one of us because he loves us that much to want us to be in heaven with him and not separated from him forever. I would venture to say, probably not, but it's so awesome that at age 5 he's already wanting Jesus to live in his heart. I will continue to pray for him to choose this life as he continues to grow older. And what an amazing life it is to know Jesus. I'm so thankful for the people in my life that steered me to a relationship with Him. God is so good.
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment