Today was so nice. It was the first day of summer break. No more rushing the boys to school in the morning. Hurry get dressed, eat your breakfast, oops I forgot to pack the lunches, put your shoes and socks on, put your shoes and socks on, for the last time PUT YOUR SHOES AND SOCKS ON! Stress free, lazy morning with pancakes and a great cup of coffee. Wonderful!
We went to Keegan and Tanner's school for a carnival they put on each year to celebrate the end of the school year. It was so cute to see all the teachers doing different activites. The boys had their faces painted, Keegan a tiger and Tanner a cheetah. They tried to hit a bullseye with a spray bottle, toss beanbags in cups, painted a masterpiece, got fake tattoes, and played a music game to earn a popsicle. They had so much fun and it was the perfect way to kick off the summer break. It was so nice not to have a schedule to adhere to. The boys and I ate lunch at home, decided to go to the park for a little while, then stopped at DQ for some slushies on our way home.

I know I've said this so many times, but they're at such a fun age. I love that we don't have to be home for naps during the day and we can do fun, active things together. I can hear a newborn cry at our neighbor's house and honestly don't miss it much. There are some moms who absolutely love the baby stage and love having someone so dependant on them. That's not me. I love this stage. Playing baseball together, going for bikerides around Soka University or the pathway along Aliso Creek, flying kites at the beach, and swimming at friend's houses. I love being spontaneous and not being tied down to the house. I love being a stay at home mom with my boys and being able to wake up in the morning and think "what should we do today?" The privilege of being able to do anything we want to and not be juggling a work schedule between time with my kids. I'm so blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment