CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Beautiful Garden

Today was the dedication ceremony at Keegan and Tanner's school for Savannah's Organic Ranch #4. They turned an ugly patch of dirt into an amazing garden with all organic plants. The kids will be able to see vegetables, herbs, flowers, and trees grow organically. The garden is in memory of Savannah Sachen who died of pediatric cancer a couple of years ago. Here is the slideshow of the garden's transformation - http://gallery.me.com/laderer#100513.
I honestly can't imagine the pain and heartache this family has gone through in losing one of their children. It's so beautiful to see these gardens in different schools and how it's turning such an ugly situation into a beautiful thing that will continue to grow. I'm proud to have one at our school and I know everyone else is too.
Finally our boys are getting over this sickness. Keegan was able to go back to school today and loved seeing his friends again. He's such a social guy. It was hilarious because I asked him about a boy and girl in his class that seem to like each other and he said they're already getting married. He said they're ready and even kissed on the playground today. Are you kidding me! So funny and yet so crazy that they're only 5 year's old and kissing. I think there's a kissing thing going on in their class because Keegan has been really into kissing lately and thinking it's really funny. Kind of like when they think it's hilarious to use the words "poop" or "pee" and the shock value of them. Hopefully he won't get married before he graduates from Jr-K :)

No comments:

Post a Comment