I was inside the kitchen when I heard Tanner calling to me "Keegan lost his tooth!" I hurried to where Keegan was in the backyard and sure enough, he had lost one of his bottom teeth. It was bleeding but it didn't seem to bother him. I honestly think he was in a little shock and what had just happened.
I was so excited for him and asked him where the tooth was, but he didn't know. So that's when we had to piece together how it all happened and began scouring the back patio looking for his lost tooth. After about 5 minutes, we finally found it. It was shocked with how long it was. I guess the eye teeth are longer than others come to find out. This wasn't even the tooth that was wiggling so much. Who knows how many will start coming out now.
Keegan is very excited for the tooth fairy to come tonight and leave something under his pillow. He asked all kinds of questions about the tooth fairy and how the process works. I explained to him how the tooth fairy takes your tooth and leaves money or something in the little pocket on the tooth fairy pillow. Keegan was very protective of his tooth in the pillow and checked a couple of times to make sure he could feel it in there. Then he asked me, "what else is in here, Mommy? I can feel something else in here." Oh, wouldn't you know he pulled out a tiny tooth, maybe a molar I'd say from the little pocket on the pillow. Yep, it must have been one of my or Kobi's teeth from growing up. I guess our "Tooth Fairy" forgot to take the tooth! Now try to explain that one to a 5 year old who just lost his first tooth! Thanks Mom!
Actually, it was a funny surprise for me. And also neat to have my kids use the same tooth fairy pillow I did growing up. Traditions and heirlooms can be so fun to see passed on. We'll see how Keegan reacts to the $5 in his pillow tomorrow.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment