
Keegan started Kindergarten and Tanner started Pre-K yesterday. They were so excited to be back at school with their friends. Both of them went right into their rooms without the least bit of shyness. I think that had a big part to do with having been at summer school there and getting to know their new classrooms and teachers then.
Both boys have great classes and awesome teachers. I couldn't be happier with their situations. The Kindergarten room has 12 boys and 6 girls. Heaven help Ms. Mary and Ms. Kelly! Tanner's only 1 of 4 boys in his Pre-K room. Very different scenerios. Tanner has Ms. Cher and another Ms. Mary. Ms. Cher was Keegan's preschool teacher his first year at Mission Lutheran School. She is an outstanding teacher. I'm so thrilled Tanner is in her class. I'm heard great things about Ms. Mary also.
Keegan definitely walks with a chip on his shoulder right now. He's pretty sure he's hot stuff as an official kindergartener. They do require the kids to have a half hour of rest time each day, where they may nap on their blanket and mat, or do another quiet activity. Keegan said their rest time is way better than mine at home. Meaning he has way more fun resting at school with his friends than me trying to force him to take a nap at home. I wonder why? Keegan's body is definitely maturing and he needs less and less sleep. So, even when I think he's so dead tired and would benefit from a nap, I need to re
member he won't fall asleep and not to pick that battle. Yep, he's officially a nap-free kindergartener. This has worked out well because his class is pretty long. It's from 8:30am-2:30pm everyday.
member he won't fall asleep and not to pick that battle. Yep, he's officially a nap-free kindergartener. This has worked out well because his class is pretty long. It's from 8:30am-2:30pm everyday.Tanner on the other hand will take a nap every now and then, but only if he's really exhausted and won't be ready for bed until at least 9pm that night. His class is 8:30am-11:30am, MWF. So, Tanner and I will get some nice mommy and me time together this year while Keegan is in class. On the first day of school af
ter I picked him up, we had a fun lunch together at Rubio's and then he picked out a skateboarding shirt at Nordstrom's Rack. He's very excited to wear his shirt to class tomorrow. He really wanted red, Converse tennis shoes but we were unable to find them in his size. He's very particular about his clothes, hair, and shoes. He's even picky about which pj's he wears to bed at night. Not overly picky, but definitely has a preference and likes to look good. It's so cute to watch him comb his hair and try all kinds of different, wacky styles. We have to keep explaining to him his hair doesn't look good combed all forward. For some reason he likes to do it like that and Scott and I always end up fixing it for him.
ter I picked him up, we had a fun lunch together at Rubio's and then he picked out a skateboarding shirt at Nordstrom's Rack. He's very excited to wear his shirt to class tomorrow. He really wanted red, Converse tennis shoes but we were unable to find them in his size. He's very particular about his clothes, hair, and shoes. He's even picky about which pj's he wears to bed at night. Not overly picky, but definitely has a preference and likes to look good. It's so cute to watch him comb his hair and try all kinds of different, wacky styles. We have to keep explaining to him his hair doesn't look good combed all forward. For some reason he likes to do it like that and Scott and I always end up fixing it for him.I have more free time this year from the boys, yet have taken on a volunteer coordinator board position at their school, so I'm plenty busy. It's a "good" busy though and I'm really enjoying it. It feels great to be doing something new! This is going to be a fun year.



No comments:
Post a Comment