The start of a new school year has been a lot of adjusting for all of us. Keegan absolutely loves kindergarten and is learning so much. However, now that the first week of excitement is over, I'm starting to see the exhaustion in him. Not physically, but emotionally. His mind is learning so much right now. Not just academics, but in making new friends, keeping old ones, and trying to impress his peers. I think he melted down at least 4 or 5 times yesterday, completely bringing himself to tears over the smallest things. Small to me, but big to him. It will take a little time to adjust to this new, longer schoolday.
On the other hand, Tanner is adjusting just fine to one on one time with mommy. He is still my baby, even though he's 4 1/2 yrs. old. He still likes to hold my hand in the parking lot and attaches to my leg when he's embarassed or shy. He still likes me to carry him, although he's getting quite heavy at 43 pounds. I still enjoy it though. I love that he still wants me to snuggle with him at night. It's such an amazing feeling to be able to comfort a child just by your presence. I remember being in a car accident with a friend's mom driving us to the lake one weekend and I was completely fine after the accident, that is until I saw my dad's truck come around the corner to get me. I lost it then. I knew he would make everything ok just by him being there and it brought all my tears out. Although we might not be able to make everything ok as parents for our kids, it's such a privilege to have them look at us and make us feel like we can and do. It's the closest I'll ever come to being a superhero.
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment