




We had such a fun Labor Day weekend. Friday night I went to Laguna Beach with my girlfriends for dinner. Saturday we had a nice, relaxing day at home full of naps and football on tv. Followed with church Saturday evening. Sunday we spent the day at the beach and then went to a friends house for dinner. Today we went back to the beach and then over to another friend's house for dinner. So much fun.
The beach was the most crowded I've ever seen it, but was to be expected on Labor Day weekend. The waves were very small and the water was so warm. Perfect conditions for the boys to bodyboard. They spent the majority of their time at the beach bodyboarding. It was so fun to see them become more comfortable with the ocean. Last year they wouldn't venture out more than knee high to jump over the whitewash or run away from the incoming wave. All that has changed. Now, they are learning how much fun the ocean can be on a bodyboard.
Scott was out there bodyboarding and bodysurfing right along with the boys. If one of them wasn't using their board, Scott would take a turn with it. He was a like a little kid at the beach again. Scott tried to teach Keegan how to pick up his feet and spin on the bodyboard, but unfortunately Keegan ended up under water. Needs a little practice.
Tanner was so determined to learn it on his own. He didn't want anyone helping him. Even though the waves were small, he still would get knocked around a lot and had a more challening time getting out past the breaking waves. He did so well at catching the waves, a lot of it having to do with how much lighter he is than us adults. He would get tossed in the whitewash and come up smiling, ready to try again. He is such a tough kid.
Keegan is really into bodyboarding right now. Ever since we went to the beach with Tyler, Owen, Ian, Kade, and Luke last week. He watched and learned from the older ones. Before too long he was doing it on his own and totally hooked!
It's been a really fun summer. I'm sad that it's over and will look back on these memories fondly. With that being said though I must admit, the boys and I are ready for school to start. The boys are ready for a routine and schedule in their lives. We've been going, going, going all summer long and keeping busy, but this past week has been tough. The boys have been fighting more than usual and I think they need a break from each other. I, Mommy, need a break too. It will be a good change and comes at just the right time. We have such a blessed life and so much to look forward to. I'll keep you posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment