CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Still Waiting for that Groove

I haven't quite gotten everything figured out yet with this new school year. I thought I'd have all this time on my hands to do projects I'd been meaning to do and have my quiet time with God every morning with a hot cup of coffee at my kitchen table, but it hasn't happened yet. I've been running around in my car almost every single day, with very little of that involving shuttling children to and from school.
No, most of it has been me trying to run errands and attend this meeting or that meeting. As Keegan said today, "when is it going to be a normal day?" He wants me to come get him from school in my car, then pick up Tanner from school, then go home and have some down time in front of the tv.
Instead, today I picked him up and dragged him with me to Shirt Cannery to pick up the soccer banners and order shirts for the board members at Mission Lutheran school. It took me way longer than it should have to pick out the right shirts, but I have a problem with making those kinds of decisions on my own. I don't like being responsible for how well 5 other women will look in these shirts. But I did it. I placed the order and well, no one else stepped up to take on this task.
I was a little late picking up Tanner from school but thank goodness, they were understanding and gracious.
Finally, Keegan got to go home and veg-out in front of the tv for a few minutes. I can see where he is done after each day at school. He just wants a little time to relax and not have to think about anything or try to please anyone. I get it.
After about an hour of him vegging and me finishing putting the groceries away, we joined some neighborhood kids playing outside.
Maybe tomorrow I will make a point of having some of my own down-time at home. That is of course, after I meet with my co-leader for our Kids Small Group in the morning! Always something right!

No comments:

Post a Comment