CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 11, 2010

1st Day of School




Keegan started 1st grade at Canyon Vista Elementary school. He was so excited for his first day. Although I had to wake him up, he was up and dressed in no time. Even though it was a little drizzling outside, we all walked Keegan to school together.
Keegan met his teacher, Mrs. Calkins and found his seat in the class. He didn't seem the least bit nervous, more excited than anything. I admire his excitement and confidence in situations like this. He just jumps right in.
After saying goodbye to him and starting our walk back up the hill to our house, I got a little sad. It was partly because he was growing up so fast, partly because I didn't know anything barely about the school I was leaving him at, and partly because he's in a class with 30 other students. His kindergarten class had 18 students and two teachers. I'm so thankful we were able to keep him at Mission Lutheran for kindergarten, so he was able to be nurtured a little longer. It's sad because you can see how easily a student can get lost in the shuffle with that many kids in one class.
So, after we walked home, I normally would be taking Tanner to his kindergarten class at Mission Lutheran, however he was sick with a fever that morning. Tanner ended up staying home with me that day and the next two days, so he hasn't officially had his 1st day of kindergarten yet. Monday will be his big day and he's very excited. He was such a good sport though, walking with me everyday, twice a day to and from school to drop off and pick up Keegan.
The first day when Keegan walked out of school, he was beaming. You could tell he felt so happy to be at the big kid school. On the walk home, he said that was his new favorite school. I'm so thankful he's met so many friends through sports because he already knew a lot of kids on the playground and in other classes. However, in his class he didn't know one person. I kind of think it was a good thing, so he could branch out and make new friends. What am I worried about though, he's quite the social guy. He won't have any trouble. In fact the first day he made friends with a boy named Drake and another boy named Erland on the second day.
Very fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment