

Thank you Lord for tonight and the privilege of leading my youngest son in prayer asking you into his heart. Lord, you are so good. Unbelievably good. Tanner had said he wanted to "do that" a little while ago, but I wasn't sure he really wanted to or was just saying it for other reasons.
Today, while driving in the car with Keegan and Tanner, Keegan starting talking about how he didn't want to live with Satan and that he was glad he wouldn't be, since he had already asked Jesus into his heart. He knew he would be with God in heaven someday. He asked how many people would be living with Satan? Like 10? I said, unfortunately many more than that because not everyone has asked Jesus into their heart's. Then Keegan reminded Tanner that he still needed to do that. And that's when Tanner said again, he wanted to do that, tonight. I said ok, but still wasn't sure if he really wanted to or was saying that because his brother was pushing him to.
So, tonight while we were lying in bed, me snuggled between both boys in Tanner's bed, we said our usual prayers. Then Keegan reminded Tanner about how he wanted to ask Jesus into his heart tonight and Tanner said yes he wanted to do that. So, I prayed with him and had him repeat after me. I tried to make it as simple as possible for him to understand and he prayed it aloud after me. He was so proud of himself afterwards, grinning from ear to ear. I told him how great it was that he did it and that we would go to church tomorrow afternoon and let him pick out his own bible. He loved that.
Keegan spoke up and said that we needed to make sure we tell Daddy tomorrow what Tanner did. And Tanner asked if we could call him tomorrow and tell him. I said, of course and then asked if he wanted to call him right now? He was so excited! We called Daddy and Tanner told him that he asked Jesus into his heart. Scott was so happy for him and proud of him. It was a neat moment. Tanner was so proud of what he had done.
I know he's 5 years old and doesn't understand everything, but like it says in the bible, it only takes faith the size of a mustard seed and I can assure you God will honor how Tanner's heart was tonight. I feel so blessed to have witnessed and lead both my boys in the Lord's prayer at such a young age. That has been my biggest prayer request to God, my boy's salvation and now God has blessed me with first-hand witnessing of it. Thank you God! I praise your Holy Name! I was hoping Scott would have had the privilege of leading Tanner in this prayer, but I know he's so happy Tanner has prayed it. I layed there in bed between my boys and cried tears of joy and thankfulness. I am so blessed. So, so blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment