It's amazing how one minute the most adorable, sweet words come out of Tanner's mouth and the next minute he's getting hot sauce in his mouth for something he should not have said. At church on Sunday, Tanner went into the women's bathroom with me and saw a lady putting lip liner on herself in the mirror. Tanner was so intrigued and literally stared at her very inquisitively. Then he walked over to me and asked in a very low voice, "Mommy, is she drawing on herself?" It was so cute how his mind interpreted what she was doing. I explained to him that she was putting on makeup and he then asked me, "is that a crayon she's using?" I absolutely love the way their minds try to figure things out.
After he finished washing his hands he couldn't find the paper towels, until I pointed out to him the motion sensor on the front of the paper towel dispenser. All the kids love to trigger the sensor and see the paper towels come out, like they just performed a magic trick. So, I made sure to ask Tanner to get me a paper towel after washing my hands to let him do his magic trick again. Only this time he added a little 'Tanner touch' to it. He walked over to it and shook his nose in front of it. And what do you know, Voila! It worked! I laughed. What a creative, juvenile, funny, totally Tanner thing to do. Got to love him!
So, now we get to the part about Tanner being not so cute. The boys have been fighting non-stop lately and it was no different in the car on Monday while I stopped for gas. They were going back and forth with each other, so I did what any mom would do, I got out of the car and closed the door so I couldn't hear them while I waited for my car to fill up with gas.
Next, I hear Keegan yelling for me so I reluctanctly open the door. "Mommy, Tanner said he's going to kill me." Yep, you heard me. And I know a lot of you are thinking, oh, he doesn't really know what that means. No he doesn't, but he knows it's something you don't say to someone, he knows it will get a rise out of Keegan, and it's not the first time we've told him not to say it. So, I asked him if he said it and he admitted to it. I told him he would be getting hot sauce in his mouth when we get home. He cried and screamed at me, so I decided no one was allowed to talk all the way home. Nothing! Absolutely no talking!
Tanner ended up falling asleep on the way home, but once we got home I woke him up and sent both of them to their rooms. Then I proceeded to bring the bottle of hot sauce up to Tanner's room and have a talk with him. He did not want the hot sauce in his mouth, but I told him he could either have me give him it to him once or wait for Daddy and he will give it to him twice. He cried and I was able to swipe some in his mouth, with a little getting on his lip that I'm sure burned a little. Mind you, I did my own taste test in the kitchen to make sure it wasn't anything too horrible. Tanner cried and cried, but calmed down after a few minutes. He drank some water and we talked about what he did wrong. I don't think he'll be saying that again!
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment