CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 21, 2010

Kindergarten Graduation






Yep, I didn't write the wrong thing nor did you read it wrong. They actually have a kindergarten graduation at our school. It's the last grade before the kids go off to another school, so they "graduate" in full cap and gown.
I have to admit, it was adorable. Keegan was so cute in his blue cap and gown and kept playing with the tassle. He'd flip it side to side while he sat there patiently to receive his diploma. Yep, I didn't write that wrong either. They actually receive a diploma too. What is this world coming to!
At the graduation ceremony, they do an amazing slide show of pictures throughout the year at school. It was so neat to see all the amazing times the kids have shared this year. Most of all though, I was so thankful for the awesome, Christ-centered environment Keegan has been molded and shaped in this year. He has a love in his heart for Jesus and has learned very important lessons and values at this school. I watched the pictures play to the music on the slide show and felt very blessed to have been a part of most of the events. I can't put a price on those memories I was able to share with Keegan. These years are going so fast.
I'm very thankful Tanner will be in the same kindergarten room next year and I won't be saying goodbye to Mission Lutheran School just yet.
After the kids went up to receive their diplomas, they were also given their own "big kid" bible. Keegan was so excited! I had him look up a couple of verses in the car on our way to the park after lunch and he found Proverbs 3:5 and Genesis 1:1. His reading is awesome! He wanted to take his bible with him to the park instead of leaving it in the car, so he could read it to Mimi. He was so excited to show her that he could read a big kid bible. That lasted for a minute and then he was off playing with all the other kids.
I'm so proud of Keegan for his love for school and learning, his sensitive heart, his fearless personality to be social and have fun, and his desire to do what's right. This was a big day for him as he moves on to 1st grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment