We took our time in the morning and didn't rush out. We went to the 11:15am church service and Doug Fields was speaking (What a treat!). His sense of humor is so funny and his messages are awesome. It was great service and I left there feeling so blessed for the husband and father to my kids that Scott is.
We grabbed a quick bite to eat as we drove to Newport to meet Lou and Jan and Christy and Chris and all the kids for a Duffy boat ride. The boat ride a very fun and a beautiful day for it too. After the 2-hour boat ride, we ate dinner at Lou and Jan's favorite restaurant, The Blue Water Grill. The kids were a little antsy from sitting for 2 hours on the boat and then at dinner, but they did pretty well.
Afterwards, we came home and Kenna came with us to stay the night. Then, when Scott was tucking in Kenna and Keegan, he got the chance to share the gospel with Kenna. I came out of Tanner's room and overheard him talking to them about Jesus dying on the cross, being buried, and rising again. I could hear the enthusiasm in Scott's voice and it was so awesome! He was so excited to share it with Kenna and Keegan. What a neat opportunity. He came downstairs afterwards and told me the whole play-by-play. He said Kenna was really interested and intrigued by what he was saying. So neat! I told him how great it was for Keegan to see his enthusiasm for Christ and what he did for us. It was an awesome time. I also asked Scott about how great it feels to be used by God, because that's exactly what just happened. Scott worked very hard on his testimony to share with his dad back in May and he was able to share it with him, but tonight he just saw again how he was able to share the gospel easier because he did his work prior and was prepared with how to share it.
I am so proud of him and the awesome Godly man he is. What better Father's Day could you ask for than to be used by God to influence a child toward Christ.
Awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment