Tanner couldn't wait for today. It was Saturday, but not just any Saturday. It was orientation day for flag football and he couldn't wait for practice to start. He woke up this morning asking how much longer 'til practice time. Mind you that was at 8am and practice wasn't until 1pm. Keegan was also very excited but I think Tanner was more excited. Football is Tanner's sport. He LOVES it! He practices by himself in the living room tossing the football to himself and pretending to run plays. He gives you a play-by-play of every moment in the football game on tv and of his own pretend game. He loves football.
As we were walking up the pathway to the field, Tanner's face was beaming. He was like a little kid in a candy store. It was so fun to watch. Keegan and Tanner both did really well at practice and had so much fun running plays with the other teammates. I can tell this is going to be another fun season of sports.
We are so incredibly blessed to be able to offer our boys the chance to experience all these different sports, ex. soccer, baseball, football, golf. Everything is going so well in our lives right now and I've been feeling so many of those "what an amazing life we have" days. We are so blessed by God and I honestly can't thank Him enough for our richly blessed lives.
As we were driving home from church tonight, Tanner looked at the moon and said, "look it's a quarter moon." I was impressed he knew to call it a quarter moon and then he said, "it's a smiley face!" How cute is that!
Keegan is maturing a lot emotionally. Both boys were so tired today from a few late nights and not enough sleep with football practice on top of that. It was a matter of time before they had a meltdown. Tanner melted down 3/4 of the way through football practice. He said he didn't want to say "hike". Who knows why other than he just wanted something to cry about because he felt so tired and awful. Keegan did really good at practice and kept it together. It was on the ride home that he melted down. He started crying saying we were being mean to him and yelling at him because we insisted they take a short nap when we got home. I know, I know, we are mean parents for making out kids rest and get some sleep when they're uterly exhausted. It was so cute and yet sad how Keegan was crying saying we were being mean to him. It broke my heart in a way because I could hear the hurt in his voice, yet I knew it was the tiredness talking and not him really feeling hurt. Right now, as I write this, both boys are fast asleep and hopefully getting lots of good rest. They're like they're mommy who needs sleep or else she's a grumpy bear! Rooaarr!
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment