CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Where Does the Time Go? 6? Really 6?































































































































































































I don't know how exactly it happened, but my little boy has just turned 6 years old. It's been 6 years since I first held him on my chest in the delivery room with his big, brown eyes looking at me all wrapped up like a little mummy. It's weird how you remember things like that as if they were yesterday, yet 6 complete years have passed with many more memories in-between.


I love you so much Keegan! You fill our lives with so much joy. You've always been very analytical. The first thing you wanted to do when you saw all the balloons we filled the house with on your birthday morning, was count them. And I have a feeling that's exactly what your dad would have done too. I won't be the least bit surprised if you start timing your routes to different places when you begin driving to see which way is the fastest and most efficient. It was so cute how you asked me right away on the morning of your birthday, "I'm 6?" "So, I'm really 6 now?" What a fun age, where you get so excited to turn another year older and know the excitement of your birthday approaching.


Not only are you analytical, but you're very aware of right and wrong. You don't like when people don't play by the rules. I think it has to do with you being a "rule follower" and the competitive side of you not wanting to lose unfairly. I admire it in you. There's also a new side of you that's started to become more apparent...the argumentative side. You definitely got that one from your dad! And not that's it's a bad quality, as long as you use it in a good way. Your Aunt Kobi would never take "no" for an answer growing up, and look at what a successful lawyer she is today. However, tonight in the car you told me you wanted to be a professional football player. Then you decided no, you wanted to be the coach instead. "But they just do a lot of standing around though," you said. I think you'll definitely be somewhat of a teacher or coach because you have a huge heart to help people and you love being in charge.


Not only did you inherit your dad's competitiveness, but his great wit and sense of humor. You enjoy kidding around and joking. That's one of the most fun and magnetic attributes your dad has and I'm so glad we're starting to see some of it in you. Kind of like when you were showering with your friends Caleb and Austin by the pool in Ladera Ranch after swimming, and it was time for you to get out of the water stream, you made sure you turned it to cold for them and then jumped out of the way. Who would think to do that? Of course, a Shone boy would!


Your passion these days is in sports and friends. And when you put the two together, you're in heaven! It seems like we spend more time arguing about the rules than playing, but the playing time is still so much fun to you. You're a superstar at every sport you try. Soccer this season is fun, but if only coach "dad" didn't have to hold you back, less you take the ball away everytime and score. You're doing a great job passing and learning to be selfless in the game. God has definitely blessed you with an amazing athletic ability.


What's not to love about you Keegan? It's so much fun to spend time with you and I thank God for every moment we spend together. Happy Birthday Pumpkin!









No comments:

Post a Comment