CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Safe Keeping

Keegan has saved up $100 in change and spent the evening counting his money and putting the coins in rolls to deposit in his very own savings account at the credit union. He's so excited to have his own account and we explained to him how he'll be able to check his balance on the computer and watch it grow with interest. Then, when there's something he really wants to buy, he can withdraw the money and buy it.
Tonight, when I was putting Keegan to bed he asked if he had to give them his piggy bank too? I said, "What do you mean?" And he said, "well, do I have to give them my piggy bank so they have something to put the money in?" It was so cute how him mind has no idea how a bank works. I tried to explain how they have a drawer with lots of money from all different people and they keep track of how much is his and how much is someone elses. I told him they will hold onto his money for safe keeping and take good care of it. So, then he asked if they would hide it like behind a door or something where no one would see it? So precious!
The credit union has a kid's program where they give the kids their own card and a website with games and stuff to learn about managing money. Keegan is already following in his dad's footsteps.

No comments:

Post a Comment