CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Round 1, Lightweights vs.Heavyweights

There hasn't been as much peace in our house these days. Keegan and Tanner have been whining, fighting, bickering, and crying constantly. I think they spent more time in their rooms today, than out. Which is quite ironic, because when we send them to their rooms for fighting with each other, all they want to do is open the door between their rooms and play together. Usually, this gives mom and dad a few minutes of peace and the boys seem to get along better. I don't know why, maybe they just need a change of scenery.
However, today the change of scenery didn't do it for them. They were still fighting with each other while in time-out. Many times I pretend that I don't hear them playing together when they're in time-out, since they seem to get along well and enjoy their "secret" time together. And on days like today, I lock both doors to their Jack and Jill bathroom, so they can't sneak into each other's rooms. I know this round of fighting is a phase, I just hope it's a short one.
I was able to sneak away myself tonight after dinner and enjoy a cup of coffee at Starbucks all by myself. Scott and the boys watched the Angels game on tv at home. It was so rejuvinating to have some peace and quiet to myself and thumb through a magazine. The lightweights may have given us heavyweights a good fight today, but I'm refreshed and ready for Round 2 tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment