



I truly have two boys that are "all boy" as they say. Tonight, our family went out to dinner together and had a great time. It's so awesome to be able to take the boys to a restaurant and enjoy a meal together without running after them or cleaning up spilled juice (although that still does happen at times). So, I ended up taking Tanner to the bathroom after dinner and he did his duty and washed his hands afterwards. It made me laugh because instead of putting his paper towel in the trash after drying his hands, he said "mom, try to block me". He wanted to play a game of one-on-one in the tiny bathroom at the restaurant! How cute it that! Now if that isn't a clone of Scott, I don't know what is. Turning everything into a game to make life more fun. And wouldn't you know it, after stepping outside the restaurant to find Scott and Keegan, they were of course playing an imaginary game of baseball. I love having boys!
Scott is very into the NBA playoffs right now and the boys are following suit. I don't know many 4 year olds that can play a pretend game of hockey, baseball, or basketball and use the correct team names for each sport. Tanner and Keegan are becoming die-hard Laker, Ducks, and Angels fans. They've begun requesting to watch Sports Center in the mornings instead of Tom and Jerry. Unfortunately, some of the commercials on ESPN are not appropriate for 4 and 5 year olds, so mom and dad have to be on their toes quick to change the channel.
Today was a really fun day for us as we had our new appliances installed in our kitchen. What an improvement! The original ones were over 12 years old and falling apart. I can't wait to try my new convection oven with some banana bread tomorrow. Keegan was so funny because he said we needed to have a silver house now, since our kitchen was so silver. Fun to hear what their minds are thinking.
Scott is very into the NBA playoffs right now and the boys are following suit. I don't know many 4 year olds that can play a pretend game of hockey, baseball, or basketball and use the correct team names for each sport. Tanner and Keegan are becoming die-hard Laker, Ducks, and Angels fans. They've begun requesting to watch Sports Center in the mornings instead of Tom and Jerry. Unfortunately, some of the commercials on ESPN are not appropriate for 4 and 5 year olds, so mom and dad have to be on their toes quick to change the channel.
Today was a really fun day for us as we had our new appliances installed in our kitchen. What an improvement! The original ones were over 12 years old and falling apart. I can't wait to try my new convection oven with some banana bread tomorrow. Keegan was so funny because he said we needed to have a silver house now, since our kitchen was so silver. Fun to hear what their minds are thinking.
Now I must brag about my incredible husband. Not only is he gorgeous, an awesome husband, amazing father, but he's so darn talented. He won the closest to the pin contest at the golf tournament yesterday for Savannah's Organic Ranch. If you're not familiar with them, check our their website: http://www.savannahsorganicranch.org/. Ok, back to Scott's win. He was one of seven golfers who qualified for closest to the pin on one of the holes during the round. After the round, they all hit a shot from 167 yrds. away to make a hole-in-one for $250,000. The second prize was $1,000. They were hitting out of the rough on a par 4, uphill, and guess who was the only one to hit on the green, as the entire tournament and dinner guests watched and heckled them? Scott was pin-high and about 10 feet away! No one else even made it on the green! They all choked under pressure or hit too far left. I was so proud of him. Although he will tell you how nervous he was, you couldn't tell. He always seems to perform well under pressure. I admire him so much. Way to go Sweetie!
No comments:
Post a Comment