I had that mommy guilt set in last night, "you should have taken them someplace memorable over the break", "they won't stay young like this for long", "how can you feel so frustrated with them, this is the first week they've been home together. Wait until summer!" The truth is, I thought about taking them to Sea World like another friend did, but I didn't. They love playing outside and that's what we did instead. Will they remember these days, probably not. Well, I shouldn't say that. They might not remember these exact days, but they might remember how mommy used to pitch the baseball to them in the street.
I took them to Chuck E. Cheese today in preparation for this big rain storm today, that never happened. Chuck E. Cheese was fun and a few friends joined us, which is always a good time. We're going to a fun trampoline place tonight and possibly a Laker game on Sunday. Our boys are completely spoiled. It's a balancing act between being able to take them to lots of fun things and yet, making sure they still appreciate the experiences. Lately, I've felt like they haven't been as appreciative.
I'm really tired of the bickering between the two of them. It's exhausting. Summer may be a challenge if I don't have them at the beach everyday.
I'm ready for school to start again on Monday, can't you tell?
No comments:
Post a Comment