CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 14, 2010

No Sweeter Reward

The boys have a sticker chart in each of their rooms. They earn a sticker for good behavior at the end of the day, or don't earn one that day if they've been bad. We do not take stickers away.
After they have filled up their sticker chart they can choose something as a reward. The only parameter we placed on the reward was for it to be an activity, not to buy something. We are trying to teach them the value of memories from fun experiences rather than buy something and forget about it in no time.
Keegan filled his sticker chart first and pondered many options for his reward. Ice cream with mom or dad, sleep over with his friend, miniature golf, movies, etc. You know what he asked for? To sleep in mommy and daddy's bed with them! How sweet is that! Fortunately and unfortunately, Scott was sick at the time, so he slept in Keegan's bed by himself and Keegan and mommy had the whole California King to themselves. Keegan loved it and mommy loved it too because she had more room than she originally thought she would. Daddy was ok with it and slept better on his own not worrying about waking anyone up with his coughing.
So, tonight Tanner reminded me he hadn't chosen his reward yet for filling up his sticker chart. I asked him what he wanted and he said he wanted me to sleep with him. I asked if he meant he wanted to sleep in mommy and daddy's bed with us and he said, no just me with him in his bed all night. Oh, steal my heart! Now if that doesn't make a mom feel good, I don't know what would.
So, tonight after I get ready for bed I will crawl into his bed and sleep all night. Even though I probably won't get much sleep because Tanner turns into Randy Couture during his sleep and punches and kicks me all night, I will be happy knowing he wanted me above all other fun things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment