I had the boys start writing their names on their classroom valentine's already because I remember what a huge process it was last year to complete. However, this year I was completely surprised with how quickly and independantly they each did their's. Tanner finished his very fast since he only had to write his name on them. In pre-k they don't want you to write personalized ones to each classmate or else it takes FOREVER for each kid to hand their's out.
In Kindergarten it's required for them to write to each friend with the correct name on each valentine. In addition, each Kindergartner picked a "Secret Valentine" to make a special valentine for. On this special valentine they must make it completely themselves and write two things nice about the person. In class, they will present their valentine and read what they wrote about the person in front of the whole class. It will definitely take a LONG time for each student to do this, but how special it will be for each kid. I'm really looking forward to it.
Keegan is about halfway done with his valentine's and was very responsible in marking off which ones he had completed and which ones he still needed to do. He must get that organization from his mom!
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment