CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Tanner's Turning 5!





























We celebrated Tanner's 5th birthday on Friday at preschool and had his birthday party that night at Laser Quest. His actual birthday is on Monday, but we fly to Cabo on Monday and won't be back until Friday afternoon.
Tanner was so timid in chapel when they had him come on stage to count the pennies into the jar for how many years old he is. He told me ahead of time that he didn't want to count the pennies, but when the time came he went up in front of everyone and did it. He is very timid in those situations. He's not one to jump into a room and want all the attention on him. It takes him awhile to warm up to a situation.
I stayed in class with him that morning and helped out. It was fun to spend time with him in class and then we celebrated his birthday at snacktime with some pushup pops. Everyone loved them and I think it was a nice change from the usual cupcakes and cake.

Later that afternoon, Tanner had his birthday party at Laser Quest. Twelve of his friends joined him for a fun time of laser tag, including Scott, who I think may have had the most fun of anyone! He wants to have an adult laser tag party for his birthday now!
All the boys had so much fun playing laser tag. I was worried some of the younger one's might get scared, but they all loved it. Each player made up a name for themselves and the packs you wore kept your score. They played two games and after each game the player was given a scoresheet. The scoresheet listed each person by made up name that you shot and how many times. It was fun to see who shot who and how much.

After the two games we went into a party room and had sandwiches and cake and icecream. I made Tanner a skateboard cake and had lots of fun doing it. It was a really great party and one I don't think Tanner will ever forget!

I love you Tanner!

No comments:

Post a Comment