I'm sitting here at my computer with our big picture window next to me and I can see what an absolutely gorgeous day is beginning. The boys were picked up by Rachel for school about 15 minutes ago, and I'm sitting here in silence able to reflect. What a nice feeling! I love the hustle and bustle of our lives, but it's always nice to have these few moments when the whole house is to myself and I can pause and think in peace and quiet.
Kana said the other day that she couldn't believe how fast her kids were growning up and that she really only has 12 more years with them before they're off to college or elsewhere. That's nearly the same amount of time I've already been out of college. When you put it in that perspective, it's not very much time. So crazy, so fast, such precious time.
Keegan asked me yesterday "what does glorified mean?" He referenced a song by Rob Biagi that speaks of God being glorified. I struggled to find a way to explain it to him using his 6-year old language. I think it sufficed.
I got the results back from Tanner's Chancey-Bruce Kindergarten readiness test they make you take if you're applying to a private kindergarten. He scored way ahead of his age in gross motor skills, just like Keegan did. Not surprising since they're both very coordinated. Tanner was age appropriate for everything and more than age appropriate for quite a few other areas. Keegan was the same when he was tested last year. It was funny because one area Tanner was the closest to his actual age for readiness, was in visual memory. I had to laugh because it you had shown him a football game or soccer game, he would have been able to replay the exact movements and plays to you. His love of sports is so great!
I'm so thankful for how active my boys are. Especially since Scott and I like to do lots of things and aren't really homebodies. It's nice that our boys have adapted easily to our fun-paced life.
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment