CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Another Great Montana Trip



We had such a fun trip to Montana this summer. The boys and I were there for 10 days and Scott joined us, along with his parents, for 7 of the days. We spent a lot of the time in the car, but it was well worth it. We drove to Flathead Lake, Many Glacier in Glacier National Park, Whitefish, and back to Missoula. Unfortunately, Aunt Kobi had to be the responsible one and show up for work, so she couldn't join us on this part of the trip. But we enjoyed our time with her when we got back to Missoula.


I helped Grandpa put the finishing touches on the tree house he made for the boys. Tanner and Keegan absolutely love it! Grandpa even made a bucket on a pulley to hoist things up and down. They could have spent all day bringing loads of pinecones, twiggs, and rocks into their treehouse. Memories they will never forget.


We were fortunate to see a grizzly bear through the ranger's spotting scope while in Many Glacier. What a treat that was! It's amazing to see how big they are in real life. We also saw a few mountain goats. The area in Glacier National Park we went to was much less crowded than the Going to the Sun road. It was breathtakingly beautiful, like all of Glacier, and you felt like you were in a different world. The lodge at Many Glacier had a swiss theme to it. It was old, floors creeked, and the wind howled off the lake. It was so neat!



My father and mother-in-law saw a moose while looking at the lake one night. Wish we had seen it too, but our boys were busy getting their junior ranger badges. Tanner and Keegan were so eager to earn their badges at the ranger talk that night. Tanner especially, made sure he went right up to the ranger after her talk and wasn't about to leave without his badge. It was so cute! Now the boys have junior ranger badges from Kings Canyon National Park and Glacier National Park. Keegan is interested in obtaining one from all the national parks. We'll see.


One day while in Missoula, my mom, sister, the boys and I, all went to lunch and to run some errands. The boys were getting restless, so I told Kobi and my mom to drop us at the playground downtown called Dragon's Hollow and I'd let the boys play while they finished their errands. They love playing at this playground. It's a huge wood fortress with slides, monkey bars, a tire swing, and swings. Tanner and Keegan love to swing on the tire swing, which spins in a circular motion.


They kept begging me to spin them more and more. I thought to myself, "how can this not be making them sick" but they kept asking for more. I kept my eye on Tanner and asked him if he wanted to get off, but he didn't. So I kept spinning them and actually videotaped how much fun they were having on my phone. Right after those few seconds of video were done I heard Tanner cough and sure enough, he tossed his cookies! Oh, the mess on that tire swing. I pulled him off and sat him on the bench next to me. I felt so bad for him. His face was as white as a ghost for quite awhile.


Thank goodness for me but not for them, Kobi came walking up and then my mom. My mom found some water to wash off the tire swing and Kobi stayed with Keegan at the playground while my mom and I drove with Tanner to the nearest store to find another pair of pants. Did I mention, I only packed one pair of pants for him and now they had throwup on them. After finally getting Tanner some clean pants, I came outside to find it raining. Kobi was sitting at the playground with Keegan in the pouring rain. The situation couldn't get more comical. Needless to say, we were all happy to get back to Grandma and Grandpa's house to rest and relax.


We had so much fun and it was hard to say goodbye, as always. We're already looking forward to Thanksgiving there.

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures Kari! My favorite though, is of all of you~your parents, Scott's parents, and the four of you. What a priceless memory! That would make a great xmas gift for the grandparents too! :-) Someday Dylan would like to visit you all when you are in Montana! Wouldn't that be fun? :-)

    ReplyDelete