CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Summer Coming to an End





I can't believe how fast summer is coming to an end. The boys start school next Wednesday, Sept. 8th. Our summer was so abnormally cool that it didn't feel like we really had a summer until the last week or so. During that week of scorching temperatures, we took full advantage of the beach and pools. The boys had so much fun playing with their friends and staying cool. We're heading to the beach again tomorrow, maybe Friday and again on Monday. Trying to get as much of it in as we can.
I have to say this summer has been so much fun with the boys. They love playing in the sand at the beach, boogie boarding, and exploring the tide pools. They could literally spend the entire day there. We lost both of our shovels this summer and the boys haven't complained, they just make the best of it, by scooping sand with their hands. It's hard to find shovels with a wooden handle. All the plastic ones break so easily.
I wanted to take the boys for one last hurrah this week before school started, so I tossed around the idea of Sea World, Legoland, or even Disneyland. All of those places are so expensive and to be honest, my boys are just as happy, if not more happy to be at the beach with their friends. I may take them to Wild Rivers instead, since they've been asking to go there this summer and it's a fraction of the cost of those other places.
We are so blessed to have such great friends to do things with. I know there are so many moms who would love to stay home with their kids and soak up these summer days together. Not only that, but we get to spend time with good friends while making these memories. We have it so good.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment